JOIN OUR TEAM!
Communications and Project Coordinator:
About the Position
PointNorth Consulting is seeking a full time Communications & Project Coordinator to support our fast-paced, collaborative work environment. The position requires excellent attention to detail, thorough and timely execution, and sophisticated planning skills. You will work with team members at all levels of the company, and interface externally with our clients.
Applicant must be practiced at complex time, task, and project management, and must demonstrate reliability, composure, and the ability to help others maintain routine amidst competing timelines and priorities. The Communications & Project Coordinator will handle sensitive information, represent the company to our clients, and carry out PointNorth’s external communications strategy. Skillful communication and seasoned project management are both important in this position.
We are especially interested in considering candidates who would like to advance their role in communications at an expanding and evolving small business. As PointNorth’s needs in this area increase, the Communications & Project Coordinator will have opportunities to participate in the development of internal and external communications strategy.
While a background in consulting may be helpful in this position, we welcome applicants who are interested in increasing their understanding of business, non-profit organizations and education entities.
In addition to the work described above, the Communications & Project Coordinator will participate actively and regularly in PointNorth Consulting’s internal meetings, events, workgroups and task forces. They will be asked to contribute their perspective to the ongoing evolution of our best practices as a company.
PointNorth Consulting is a strategic communication firm founded in Vancouver, WA in 2011 and relaunched as a woman-owned, minority small business in 2018. Our mission is to strengthen leaders and empower teams through strategic communication and organizational development. We believe our values drive our passion. We are strategists, storytellers and committed communicators.
Our expertise includes strategic communication, team building, leadership development and training. We are currently serving over 25 different organizations in the Pacific Northwest ranging from architects, engineers and contractors to educational service districts and public agencies.
Racial Equity Statement
As a small, minority owned business enterprise, we believe our world is better when we embrace our differences. We believe our power is in the diversity of our differences and the belonging that results from an inclusive and supportive workforce. We will see you. We will listen. We will do the right thing, no matter what.
PointNorth is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected under law.
What It is Like to Work at PointNorth
The PointNorth team works independently and collaboratively. We recognize our best work might not occur in an office environment between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We value hard work, an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and authenticity. We also value strong connections to our team and our community.
Working at PointNorth culture is dynamic, fast-paced and independent which requires excellent time management skills and flexibility. Most members of the team choose to work remotely, participating in regular meetings with client and colleagues via phone, video, and conference call as well as in person. Each team member has freedom to construct their work week and schedule as needed, including the locations, times, and days in which they will complete work. Our office has some group meeting spaces and individual workstations but does not have designated desks. Team members are not expected to be in the office consistently during business hours. Because the workspace
is shared among the entire team, at times the office is bustling with meetings and conversations, and sometimes the Coordinator would be working alone for an entire day. It is important that the applicant can work effectively in both types of situations.
The Communications & Project Coordinator will begin their role by working in the office five days a week. As onboarding progresses, we may arrange more flexible scheduling of time spent in the office. Providing effective and timely onsite support is critical to this position.
What We are Looking For
The successful candidate for this role will be entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic, while also demonstrating the ability to complete routine tasks efficiently and reliably.
Responsibilities will include:
● Coordinate meetings with clients and manage the overall PointNorth calendar as well as the calendars of several members of the team.
● Take, prepare and share meeting notes at internal team meetings and external client meetings as requested.
● Develop project schedules for client projects and maintain the schedules as the project evolves
● Provide regular project updates to clients
● Develop and coordinate client proposalsin collaboration with internal team members; compile, design and assist with writing the proposals
● Prepare presentations for client meetings and trainings
● Regularly track client leads and prospective projects
● Compile, write, design, and manage timeline for various marketing and client communications
● Manage social media profiles and content
● Design materials and organize logistics for PointNorth events, trainings, and workshops
● Design and prepare copy for print and digital media as needed and in partnership with our Graphics Designer.
● Support adherence to company brand guidelines and proper template usage
● Data entry and expense tracking for executive leaders as requested
● Send weekly meeting agendas and updates and manage technology for meetings
● Answer phones and take messages
● General office inquiries and support, calendaring and auto reminders when needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative role or ability to describe how past professional experience will translate to this role
● Sophisticated planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities with forethought and accuracy
● Attention to detail and high standards in all aspects of data management, project management, timelines, communications, and editing
● Desire and ability to guide projects independently as well as team collaboration on projects
● Significant experience with MS Office
● Meaningful experience with social media platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn
● Critical thinking skills including creativity, curiosity, flexibility, and a problem-solving attitude
● Poise and professionalism, including the ability to remain calm, positive, and patient in challenging situations
● Organizational skills, including the ability to be punctual, consistently set and meet deadlines, and execute deliverables
● Ability to communicate directly and respectfully while working alongside and across different working styles
While not required, the following qualifications will make applications more competitive:
● An understanding of the A/E/C industry and / or education / school districts
● Experience with Dropbox, HelloSign, Google Docs, Mailchimp, and Canva
● Experience with WordPress
● Ability to support consultants with simple technology solutions as the need arises (for example, troubleshooting Gmail, Dropbox, or MS Office)
● Experience with marketing strategies and tactics
● Demonstrated success in prior, similar roles
● Experience in consulting firms
● Experience in small business
Annual salary range: $40k – $52k dependent on qualifications and experience.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com